I want to be a writer

I love to write, I just need to come up with a plan to put pen to paper. Or fingers to keys.

I am happy to say that I wrote almost 3k words today. Basically a prologue and chapter 1. It is not my best writing, but I am trying to completely write the story then set it aside and then go back and revise and edit. It is weird. As I was writing I could see my three main characters and while I would not call it a true 19th century piece all of the countless books I've read set in the time period is definitely showing in how the characters dialogue is coming along.

As a matter of fact, I am really liking Lyric the main female lead. The way she is coming along she would be consider a bluestocking, basically a female who is bookish, an intellectual, talks like a man and/or a spinster. I think so because already this girl is a standout and is fierce. If your familiar with Amanda Quick's female leads, this is how mine is coming together.

I am also excited about the Steampunk references that are popping up. I thought this would have been the hardest part, but it seems to be working itself out. And as I am making it slightly futuristic this is allowing me to be super creative at least in my eyes.

Anyway thanks for reading my journey. I am hoping to complete this short story before Nov. 1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NaNoWriMo Word Count Meter

Story in progress

Through the Looking Glass Story-free writing/outline Yaoi story-Writing without revisions-1st draft Steampunk story-writing without revisions-1st draft MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected 500words-150w

CommentLuv Enabled

CommentLuv Enabled

JS-Kit Comments

Powered By Blogger
Join My Community at MyBloglog!

50,000 Words or Bust in November!

About this blog

A place to catalog my adventures in writing. I currently have other blogs that each show a facet of who I am. One is about everything I see, the other is all about erotica, and the other is all about my dark poetry. I never set out to create another blog, but I find the need to have one that is all about the journey.

Followers