I want to be a writer

I love to write, I just need to come up with a plan to put pen to paper. Or fingers to keys.

I've been writing on my blog Zesty Nachos, but also my Erotic Interlude one as well. Writing with other things going on is hard. I have a 40 hour a week job that I have to be pleasant on every single call I take. And I am, but in between calls my mind is working on so many stories. I want to write full time, but there is no way until I can show people my talent. I also write my book reviews. The nice thing is that I am still keeping to my 500 words every day, so I am happy about that. Also found another book submission from Phaze books. This one is Yaoi, and while I do enjoy reading it, I have never written it, so I am up to the challenge.

Here is the info:

Monday, August 24, 2009

Call for Submissions: Yaoi Anthology

Lemon Kisses, A Yaoi Anthology
Edited by: Augusta Li
Publisher: Phaze Books
Deadline: December 1, 2009
Projected release date: July 2010
Format: eBook (initially, with possible print release)

You must be at least 18 years old to submit to this anthology.

I am looking for four well-written yaoi stories for this anthology. Before submitting, please be familiar with the yaoi genre. It’s not quite the same as m/m romance or gay erotica. If you’re not sure what qualifies as yaoi, please do a little research. Stories should be between 15 and 25K, and can be in any sub-genre (fantasy, contemporary, historical, etc.). Above all, I’m seeking unique works with solid plotting, good characterization, and a good balance between hot, erotic scenes and story. Explicit sex is encouraged.

Please be advised that I’m likely to reject cliché yaoi plots, such as Japanese school-boy romance, unless you have a really fresh take on it. Nor am I a fan of gay-just-for-you, again, unless it’s stellar. No anthropomorphic characters, please. Kemonomimi is acceptable if well-done. All characters involved in sexual situations must be at least 18, so sorry, no shota. Anything not normally allowed (rape, snuff, bestiality, necrophilia, bodily waste or pedophilia) isn’t allowed here either. I’ll consider forced seduction, but be very careful.

To submit, please attach your manuscript as an .rtf or .doc and send it, with the words YAOI ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION in the subject line, to augustali3@hotmail.com. Please follow the Phaze Books formatting instructions located at http://www.phaze.com/submissions2.html. Include a brief introduction, including your contact information and publishing history, if any.

If you have any questions, email me at the above address.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NaNoWriMo Word Count Meter

Story in progress

Through the Looking Glass Story-free writing/outline Yaoi story-Writing without revisions-1st draft Steampunk story-writing without revisions-1st draft MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected 500words-150w

CommentLuv Enabled

CommentLuv Enabled

JS-Kit Comments

Powered By Blogger
Join My Community at MyBloglog!

50,000 Words or Bust in November!

About this blog

A place to catalog my adventures in writing. I currently have other blogs that each show a facet of who I am. One is about everything I see, the other is all about erotica, and the other is all about my dark poetry. I never set out to create another blog, but I find the need to have one that is all about the journey.

Followers